64% of the Australian population above the age of 5 visited a dentist at least once in the year 2010. Half the population of adults (49%) saw a dentist while the other half didn’t according to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare.
When it comes to selecting a dentist, you will need to carry out some research so as to settle on one that is perfect for you and your household. Location is also very important and if you work in the CBD, then a dentist Sydney CBD location will be ideal for the sake of convenience. Here are some pointers to look out for as you pick and choose:
- Reputation – it goes without saying that the best dentist Sydney CBD should have a great reputation. In order to find out about a dentist as well as the history of their practice, you can start by visiting their website. There you may find a section of what their clients have to say about them. Of course you may not find any criticism here so you should search for other online reviews where you are more likely to get candid opinions without fear or favor.
- Check with the dental board – It is important to ensure that you are dealing with a licensed dentist and not a quack, so check if they are listed with the dental board. You may also be able to find out if there are any claims that have been brought up against the dentist you are considering.
- Get referrals – One of the best ways to find the best dentist Sydney CBD is to ask around. Ask your family and friends who their dentist is. You can also do this with any neighbors that you have befriended. You may find that the same name keeps coming up or there may be several trusted dentists for you to choose from. Many times, if people are not happy with the work a dentist has done, they will not recommend him or her.
- Carry out interviews – You are hiring! It is important that you interview either the dental practice or the dentist himself in order to know more about the services they offer. By making a call, you can learn a lot by asking appropriate questions. Some of the questions to ask include where the dentist went to school, duration of practice, the field of practice, the number of staff working for him or her and also how long the staff have been there.
- Be satisfied – When selecting a dentist Sydney CBD, it is important that you are satisfied that he or she will be able to meet your needs and those of your family if you have one. It all comes down to your individual needs being met so be sure not to shortchange yourself.
Bio: Dr. Sid Afshar has for the past 20 years provided dental services to a myriad of people all over Australia. He is currently working out of Dubbo and as a dentist Sydney CBD. He has studied and carried out numerous dental procedures, qualifying in many dentistry areas.