Porcelain Veneers in Sydney
A Porcelain Veneer is a thin layer of porcelain made to fit over the front surface of a tooth.
Veneers can improve the colours, shape and position of teeth. A precise shape and shade of porcelain can be chosen to lighten the upper front teeth or to reshape them. Veneers can make a chipped tooth look intact again because the porcelain covers the whole of the front of the tooth replacing the broken part.
Dental Veneers are often used to close small gaps, when the use of braces is not suitable or practical. Veneers are attached directly to your existing tooth structure, with a minimal amount of the original tooth removed. We will take an impression of your original tooth, to make an exact fitting replica. The exterior of the veneer can be altered and shaped, to take into account any cosmetic changes that you require. Before the new veneer is fitted, a strong bonding resin is applied to the tooth, to help the veneer adhere.
Porcelain is the ideal medium for veneers as it has a natural tooth colour and translucence, and resists staining. When applied to teeth using the latest dental techniques, porcelain is also extremely strong and durable.
If you would like more information on Porcelain Veneers, simply fill out our simple online enquiry form to make an appointment with Premier Dental.
Porcelain Veneers can now been completed easily while you wait with our latest one-visit CEREC technology.
CEREC stands for Ceramic Reconstruction. This is a CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacture) machine that can produce high quality dental restorations chair side without having to use a dental laboratory. After the tooth is prepared, it is scanned with an electronic camera that allows the dentist (and the patient) to see the image of the prepared tooth on the screen. The restoration is designed from this scan and then automatically milled from a solid ceramic block. This is accomplished so precisely that it can be accurately fitted and durably bonded to the prepared tooth, at the same dental appointment.
Ceramic restorations possess an inconspicuous appearance like natural teeth and exhibit similar hardness. Furthermore, in contrast to amalgam ceramic inlays have no toxicity and a long durability. Unfortunately, most ceramic inlays are produced in dental labs and the patient has to accept at least two visits. With our new CEREC technology, we are able to do this in the same appointment!
- Cerec preserves and protects your own teeth structural integrity
- Ceramics are bio-compatible
- Only one appointment
- Perfect looks
- Perfect comfort
- Perfect quality
- Long lasting and durable
- Maximum strength – great looks!
- Unquestionably the most cost effective restoration available today
Ceramic Reconstruction Step-by-Step
- The defective filling and decay is removed. A reflective powder layer prepares the tooth for imaging.
- An optical 3D image is acquired with a small camera and the restoration is created on the screen using the image data. This is accomplished during a single appointment using Computer Aided Design/ Computer Aided Manufacture (CAD/CAM) technology.
- After polishing, the new restoration fits precisely. A unique light hardens the bonding material, uniting porcelain and tooth. Polishing or glazing ensures a pleasantly smooth and natural feel.
The colour and appearance make the special ceramic material blend with your tooth. Perfectly bonded porcelain ensures an extremely long life for your teeth. Maximum strength, great looks.