Dental Crowns Sydney
Porcelain Dental Crowns can look very natural and are mostly used on front teeth and on people that do not grind their teeth.
Metal-based crowns have traditionally been used to strengthen or rebuild teeth that are heavily worn, but these were not very aesthetically pleasing. Now, with the latest advancements in cosmetic dentistry, dental crowns can now look much better that your original teeth.
The tooth will be prepared to the ideal shape of the crown. This will involve removing most of the outer surface of the tooth leaving the core. The thickness of the crown will be the same as the amount of tooth that has been removed. An impression is taken of the area, taking into consideration the bite and overall desired look of the tooth, matching it to the surrounding teeth perfectly.
The exterior of the crown can be altered and shaped, to take into account any cosmetic changes that you require.
Contact Premier Dental to find out how this exciting new cosmetic procedure can create your beautiful new smile.
Porcelain Crowns can now been completed easily while you wait with our latest one-visit CEREC technology.
CEREC stands for Ceramic Reconstruction. This is a CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacture) machine that can produce high quality dental restorations chair side without having to use a dental laboratory. After the tooth is prepared, it is scanned with an electronic camera that allows the dentist (and the patient) to see the image of the prepared tooth on the screen. The restoration is designed from this scan and then automatically milled from a solid ceramic block. This is accomplished so precisely that it can be accurately fitted and durably bonded to the prepared tooth, at the same dental appointment.
Ceramic restorations possess an inconspicuous appearance like natural teeth and exhibit similar hardness. Furthermore, in contrast to amalgam ceramic inlays have no toxicity and a long durability. Unfortunately, most ceramic inlays are produced in dental labs and the patient has to accept at least two visits. With our new CEREC technology, we are able to do this in the same appointment!
- Cerec preserves and protects your own teeth structural integrity
- Ceramics are bio-compatible
- Only one appointment
- Perfect looks
- Perfect comfort
- Perfect quality
- Long lasting and durable
- Maximum strength – great looks!
- Unquestionably the most cost effective restoration available today
Ceramic Reconstruction Step-by-Step
- The defective filling and decay is removed. A reflective powder layer prepares the tooth for imaging.
- An optical 3D image is acquired with a small camera and the restoration is created on the screen using the image data. This is accomplished during a single appointment using Computer Aided Design/ Computer Aided Manufacture (CAD/CAM) technology.
- After polishing, the new restoration fits precisely. A unique light hardens the bonding material, uniting porcelain and tooth. Polishing or glazing ensures a pleasantly smooth and natural feel.
The colour and appearance make the special ceramic material blend with your tooth. Perfectly bonded porcelain ensures an extremely long life for your teeth. Maximum strength, great looks.