Dental implants are incredibly popular because of its proven track record of successful treatments. Furthermore, dental implants have gained monopoly as a treatment option to replace missing teeth. While dentures, the alternate option for teeth replacement, are famous for their affordability, dental implants in Sydney are popular for its long term durability.
Dental Implants vs. Dentures
Dentures are false teeth that are offered as replacements. Even though their quality has improved, they are disadvantageous in terms of usage. They can slip off while speaking or eating and promote infection easily. Dental implants on the flip side are beneficial as they require less maintenance, last for almost 10 years or more and are safe.
These benefits have contributed much to the success of dental implants:
- Dental implants don’t require stressful maintenance. They can be taken out anytime for cleaning.
- Being bonded to the jaw, implants remain intact and secure while chewing. This lets you out of the worry while enjoying your favourite food.
- Implants also prevent or reduce bone loss. It does so by triggering the growth of new tissues and subsequently strengthening the jaw.
- Implants will not impact your neighbouring tooth, thus accounting for better dental hygiene. Giving us the ability to brush or floss it just like normal teeth, it doesn’t pose any risk of oral health problems.
- Dental implants are said to last nearly 10 years, but with routine maintenance they can last a lifetime!
The dominance of dental implants in Sydney is insurmountable. With implants, you can be sure of winning back the confidence and appeal you once lost temporarily.